Keeping Theatre Live
Welcome to the website of Reps Theatre, Harare, Zimbabwe. On this site you will find details of current and upcoming productions and news about Reps.
Rocky Horror Show, Saturday 4th July, 2 pm and Sunday 5th July at 11 am, Adrian Stanley Room, Reps Theatre.
See further details below.
Click on these links to get to each of the following sections:
|Reps Main Stage||Reps Theatre Upstairs||Social events||Other|
Come together - a Beatles Cabaret
Conceived and directed by James Carey. Opening night: Tuesday 7th July.
The Impro Show
The White Walkers are near ... and Winter is coming ... Forget that, winter is here!
Come and warm the cockles of your heart with a cheery chuckle at THE IMPRO SHOW
New games. New people. With Kevin Hanssen, Chipo Chikara, Musa Saruro, Erin Sticklen, Larry Kwirirayi, Collina Mvududu, Munya Guramatunhu, Matthew Roper and Larry Greeff.
Wed 8 - Fri 10 July
All shows at 7pm
Tickets $10 (First 10 tickets booked for each night are going for a special of $7!)
For any social events all are welcome and there is no cover charge … day visitor cards available for non-members to buy drinks.
Reps Reporter: March 2014
The March 2014 edition of the Reps Reporter may be found at this page.
Reps Theatre acknowledges with gratitude the support of Roger Fairlie of Filmcom (telephone Harare 883119) and the Mashonaland Photographic Society (Nigel Westwood), who undertake respectively the filming and stills photography of all Repertory Players productions.
Should anyone want to buy a DVD of a Reps production, please contact Roger Fairlie (filmcom[at]ecoweb.co.zw) and ask for a copy to be made ($10).
Rocky Horror Show: Audition details
A rock ‘n’ roll musical paying tribute to, and a parody of, 1950’s and ‘60’s science fiction/horror movies.
Saturday 4 July 2 pm and Sunday 5 July at 11 am in Adrian Stanley rehearsal room, Reps Theatre, Belgravia.
- Female, Age Flexible (Range: Mezzo Soprano Belt, Bb3-Eb5) One of Frank’s servants.
- Male, 21-30 (Range: Bari Tenor, Bb2-G4) Quirky, but very much in love with his fiancé, Janet. Overly optimistic at times.
- Female, 21-30 (Range: Mezzo Soprano Belt, A3-Eb5) Good girl who is madly in love with Brad. Always seems to be frightened of something. Keeps losing more of her clothes throughout the story. Emotionally weak and caves into pressure easily.
- Male, Age Flexible (Range: Non-Singing Role) Follows our two hero’s through the story by narrating directly to the audience.
- RIFF RAFF:
- Male, 25-45 (Range: High Rock Tenor, D3-B4) Creepy man resembling more of a zombie. Often makes harmless conversation seem awkward and foreboding. One of Frank’s servants.
- Female, 25-35 (Range: Mezzo Soprano Belt, E4-E5) One of Frank’s servants.
- FRANK 'N' FURTER:
- Male Transvestite, 30-45 (Range: Baritone, D3-G4) Master of the castle. Welcomes Janet and Brad with open arms. Obsessed with creating a man to be part of his sexual entourage. Master of seduction.
- Male 18-25 (Range: Tenor, A3-G4) Frank’s magnificent creation. Sexually appealing with prominent muscles.
- EDDIE/DR. SCOTT:
- Male, 28-40 (Range: Baritone, E3-F#4) Eddie, delivery man, “went to pieces.” Misses the rock and roll of life. Comes back to life only to die after his solo. Scott is Eddie’s Uncle.
- 8 PHANTOMS – TRANSILVANIANS (SATB)
- Various Singers.
Please bring a prepared piece to sing in the rock ‘n’ roll genre, either sheet music or backing track on flash drive, SD card or on your phone.
And all interested production personnel should also come down– production secretary, props, wardrobe, decor, marketing and many more roles to fill !
Director – Tim Garrard - Show runs from 1st to 17th October 2015
Opening times for the Spotlight (Reps Theatre Foyer) Phone: 308159 or 0771 357204
Mon-Fri: 9 am - 4 pm. Sat: 9 am - 12 noon. Sunday - occasional opening when there are big shows running or about to run, 9am to 12 noon and ONE HOUR BEFORE CURTAIN UP.
This page last updated: 29 June 2015
Disclaimer: Neither Reps theatre nor the site developers take any responsibility for any errors or omissions on this site
Webmaster: Mark Hyde